Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool washer which has an issue. When it is…

Customer Question
I have a whirlpool...

I have a whirlpool washer which has an issue. When it is turned on, the basket will not turn, but there is a grinding noise. My wife thinks there is a coin stuck. she found a dime in the load. How do I get into the washer to see if something is jammed. I have unplugged the machine

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Purchased in 2000. Description on tag is LSQ9665JQ. It has Ultimate Care II on the face and SM8280866 also

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, at least initially

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Numbers(###) ###-####embossed on the back

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/4/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
**** Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

Does the agitator turn during a wash or rinse mode?

Hi Woody,Decided not to use the service, the machine is over 17 years old and rusty. Sorry for the false alarm

ok the part you need is less the $20.00 to fix the issue!