Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My dishwasher shows an HE sign at teh end of the washing…

Customer Question
Hi there. My dishwasher...

Hi there. My dishwasher shows an HE sign at teh end of the washing cycle. What should i do?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Samsung Dishwasher DW-FN310T. How do i run a diagnostic test cycle.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Possibly. How difficult is it.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 day by:
1/6/2018
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 6 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is?

Hi Travis, Yes we still require assistance with the problem.

HE codes refer to heater problems.​ Do you happen to have a multimeter that we can test the heater with?

I do. What should i do?? Please give a detailed response. Your current responses are somewhat limited.

I apologize for that. I wanted to first find out if you had the tools to test it. So you will need to get the heater out of the bottom of the dishwasher and test it for continuity with the multimeter. Its located in the bottom and will look kind of like an element from an oven except it is round. I assume you will find this part to be faulty and need to be replaced. Let me know what you find please.