Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool washer duet. Currently the motor is

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a whirlpool washer duet. Currently the motor is running but the door will not unlock. I tried the trouble shooting suggested in the manual and that does not work. I also unplugged the whole machine and left it unplugged for 8 hours and when I turned it back on it still was locked and the motor running. It's not allowing me to push any buttons. Any suggestions?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It will be two years old in March. It just says whirlpool Duet on the front of the machine. Front loading. Numbers on my manual are W10656457B and WB10656457B-SP if that helps

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Attempting lol

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

There is currently a load in the washer, when it was turned on there was no water supply going to it as the water had frozen. Once I realized that I went to shut it off and it wouldn't ... System just locked up where it was at

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/4/2018
Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Sorry you are having trouble with your Duet. Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers.

If the unit is continually draining or humming, unplug the washer and plug it back in. Let it keep pumping for 30 minutes. It probably went into flood mode which means that the thinks that is is too full of water (even when it isn't). It normally will automatically reset after 30 - 40 minutes. Unfortunately, you will need to wait it out. I know it is inconvenient and annoying but it is a safety feature.

The reason it happened was because it likely thought it was not getting sufficient water into the machine. Once you have corrected that issue, it should not happen again. Please note that unplugging it and plugging it back in may start the clock again and you will have to wait another 30-40 minutes.

If it happens again, make sure that you are getting sufficent water into the machine. If not, check the hoses and screens. If you still don’t get sufficient water, you may have a bad inlet valve.

If the washer keeps pumping for greater than 45 minutes, (which is rare) and the pump just keeps running, your control board inside the control panel has failed and would need to be replaced. (Very Uncommon)

- PLEASE rate my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. Thank you.

Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech