Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Name is. 15 mos old LG DLEX4270 dryer is having severe drum…

Customer Question
Hello, name is *****...

Hello, name is ***** ***** mos old LG DLEX4270 dryer is having severe drum vibration while operating. It is not constant, but comes and goes in a way I cannot associate with any changes in the operation of the unit. It will start slow and build to a wild crescendo and stop. I have checked the fan for objects and link, all clean. The drum appears to be vibrating intensely during these episodes. Help,

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

15 months old model DLEX4270

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have a video clip that may be helpful, but not sure how to share on this platform

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Hello, I have not received a response, would appreciate an update that someone is looking at my problem. Also, please confirm if the video uploaded. Thanks Mike
1/5/2018
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 6 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is?

Hello, Yes, I still need help. The drum starts a high frequency vibration at random times during the drying cycle, often starting slowly and building to a crescendo and then it stops. This may happen several times during a load. Was the video able to be uploaded? Thanks

sa​dly I do not see a video on here.

I have already made the full $28 payment thru PayPal, if this is an additional charge, let’s try using chat, thanks

so​rry if the site is offering the automatic phone call its not from me. I am not seeing the video though. There is not another charge besides what you have already made.

so the first thing we need to do is check out the rollers there is also a helpful video on this link to assist you with seeing what your looking at.

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Drum-Support-Roller-Axle/4581EL2002C/2701044?modelNumber=DLEX4270V

I am trying to upload a short movie of the problem, but am getting error msg about file type. Is there an email address I can send this to that you can see it? I think will really help to understand the problem...thanks

from what your describing it sounds like the problem is with the drum support rollers. Have you had a chance in checking that out? I am sorry I can not give out my personal email its against site policy. I am honestly not sure how it goes with uploading videos. I just know some customers do it.

I checked my front support rollers, I had taken the front off to inspect the fan for damage or lint. They seemed secure, rolled freely and had no flat spots.

ok so now the back needs inspected, the idler pulley and drive belt.

if the idler and the belt is good then all that leaves is a problem with the drive motor itself.

i know to check these areas, however, I was hoping an experienced tech could give some more specific guidance having seen a video. If these platform does not support uploading video from an iPhone, it’s not much use tonight. I am going to try one more thing, stand by thanks

I had no idea on how much you seem to know or not know. I just wanted to make sure all obvious things were checked first. Since I am not there in front of the unit its not as cut and dry as that. Either way you do not seem happy with me so I will go ahead and open this up for other experts. Have a great rest of your evening.

Platform does not support .mov files. Since a lot of folks have iPhones, which record in .mov format, it seems this site is severely limited.
I was able to convert the file to .mvw and upload. Thanks for your patience. Looking at this, can you discern where the problem likely is originating? Thanks
Hello, I was hoping an experienced tech could give some feedback having seen the uploaded video. I was not at all unhappy with the tech (Travis) or advice previously given, but it was common info available on YouTube etc. I would like to get feedback using the experience of a seasoned tech familiar with these issues. Until I could upload the video, this was not possible. I would like to get more advice and feedback for resolution. Thanks!
Hello, I have not received a response. I would appreciate an update or confirmation my question is still active and has been referred to a new appliance technician. Thank you.