Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Are you free? Model no. Wfw94heaw0. Whirlpool. Error codes…

Customer Question
Are you free? Contractor's...

Are you free?

Contractor's Assistant: JustAnswer requires a modest payment. You'll see the amount on the next page. It's way less expensive than face-to-face would cost. And you're covered by our 100% satisfaction guarantee.

Ok. Model no. Wfw94heaw0

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Whirlpool. Error codes e00 and f04

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Just started

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Wfw94heaw0

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Its 4 years old

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/4/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 6 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Something isn't right with that error code. Nothing would ever be E00. Can you recheck the error again please?

Actually I apologize, I hasn't pulled up the manual for your unit yes, but that error is a good error number.

Ok hold on please
Ok
Are you still there?

yes, just typing your answer.

This error is generated when the central control unit (CCU) cannot detect the temperature rising. You'll need to pull the washer forward and unscrew the entire back sheet metal panel. Mounted into the bottom left corner on the back of your washer is the heater and temperature sensor. Make sure the wires going to these parts aren't broken. If that checks good, you'll need a multimeter to test continuity through the heater. If you don't have continuity through the heater---replace the heater. If you do have continuity, replace the sensor. The sensor is part 30 and the heater is part 26 on the diagram attached below.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

OK. I unplugged it for 5 minutes and plugged it back in and now it's working fine. But thanks.

OK I'm glad it was able to just reset. Hopefully the problem doesn't come back.