Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Maytag fridge -Serial Number 13106404AL seems to be

Customer Question
My Maytag fridge -Serial...

My Maytag fridge -Serial Number 13106404AL seems to be leaking water in the freezer side, this water ponds (and freezes) on the very bottom of the freezer section- how do we rectify this ?? self or serviceman-- Thanks *****: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model m11 GZ 2727GEhw/13 FD8206- purchased new in December 2002

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on what is needing to be done ??

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that i know about

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/4/2018
Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Sorry you are having trouble with your refrigerator. Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers.

This is a very common issue and it means that your defrost drain line has frozen over and will need to be thawed out. This often times happens for no reason at all and is just random. You will need to remove everything out of your freezer and remove the back panel inside the freezer. Use a hair dryer to thaw all the ice out and locate the drain hole. Pour hot water down the drain hole until it's draining properly again. Once it's draining properly blow compressed air down to make sure it's clear. If you don't have compressed air, use a turkey baster to make sure the drain line is clear and draining properly. Cut a solid copper piece of wire about 6 inches long. Wrap it around the defrost heater a couple times just above the drain hole and extend it 2 inches into the defrost drain hole. That will transfer heat into the drain hole when the defrost heater turns on and will prevent the defrost drain line from freezing over in the future. Alternatively, you can use a Whirlpool heat probe available at Amazon.com. This works very well in helping keep your defrost drain from freezing: http://a.co/c8SSxvu

- PLEASE rate my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. Thank you.