Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Why does the turntable on my dacor dcm24 continue to rotate…

Customer Question
Why does the turntable...

Why does the turntable on my dacor dcm24 continue to rotate when microwave is off - even with the door open???

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Dacor dcm24 - approx. l5 yrs

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 day by:
1/5/2018
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Are you still needing help with this?

also, I do plan to do repair myself

Thank you. One of the door switches has failed. In the diagram at the link below, the number 1-4 switches are the ones you need to replace. I would replace both of them.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

Access to those switches is gained by removing the screws from the back and bottom edges of the outer cabinet. Slide the cover back and lift it off. The switches are just behind and to the left of the control panel.

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Rusty S
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician