Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Having an electric dryer issue. Maytag 500 series model

Customer Question
Having an electric dryer...

Having an electric dryer issue

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Maytag 500 series model 110.69522800 probably 6 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The dryer is not heating but it tumbles. also, the settings dial is not moving (counting down)

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/3/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 1 month ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
**** Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i do not have one currently

ok if the timer is not advancing and the unit is not heating I suspect that you have a timer issue.

Due to the fact that nothing in the heating circuit would cause the timer to not advance.

I recommend replacing the timer.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you!!! I suspected something similar since the timer was not working.

No problem ,

Glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance ,and Have a Safe and Happy New Year!

Please remember to rate me .

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time .

I'm sure you don't work for free, so please don't expect that I should.

Master Tech
Master Tech