Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

On spin cycle it makes an loud grinding noise. May tag

Customer Question
On spin cycle it...

On spin cycle it makes an loud grinding noise.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

May tag Atlantis model (P) MAV 6200 AWW. Serial (S)(###) ###-####Y. Style (Y) Y7909215

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have taken the machine apart, the top and front.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
1/3/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 1 month ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

If the unit is making noise during a spin mode your probably looking at either a tub bearing or a transmission issue.

How old is this unit?

John, Home Appliance Technician