Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Maytag washer, was filling and quit. hum like trying to

Customer Question
Maytag washer, was filling...

Maytag washer, was filling and quit. hum like trying to fill/spin. we checked water pipes coming in, not frozen, water is there to draw from. the light by sensing was lit but went off. no lights on, I switched the dial from sensing to fill, no help.I was able to open lid and still hummed. If I moved the tub, humming quit for a few seconds and then started agian.I unplugged it to stop the humming.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Top loading high efficiency washer, have had less than a year, not sure where model # is located, on back it says W10877641

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I tried stop button, but nothing changes things. If there is something I can do to fix, that would be great.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I took the laundry out, thinking maybe it was weight of the sheets, just one set in there so it wasn't heavy. that didn't make a difference. Did moving the dials mess up what it was trying to do?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/3/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

The model number is ***** the lid at the rear of the opening on top loaders .If you open the washer lid ,
the model /serial tag is at the rear of the opening on the washer itself.
And just inside the door on the face frame after the door is opened on front loaders.

Mvwc416fwo
Ser c72732256

Thank you!
Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model

have you plugged the unit back in yet?

If not let`s do that and see if you still have the same issue or not.

multiple times
Crap, I pushed the call me....ugh!!!

how long did you have it unplugged for ? to reboot the electronic control board it has to be unplugged for at least 5 minutes .

Overnight. This started yesterday and I didn't have anyone to help check eater supply until today. We got this on 7/30/2017, should be under warranty, correct??
Water supply

Yes if it is less the one year old it is under the manufactures warranty.

have you contacted the manufacture yet?

You came to me thru Maytag website, what the heck? Aren't you Maytag rep??

No this website has nothing to do with any appliance manufacture.

This website Just Answer is a pay for DIY appliance repair website.

You need to credit me and cancel this. That is why I went to their site, I know this isn't your fault, but how do I get credit? Site said 100% satisfaction and I feel misled....