Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Refrigerator shut down, started with ice maker or at least…

Customer Question
Refrigerator shut down, started...

Refrigerator shut down, started with ice maker or at least that what I noticed first, wasn't making ice. Then no noise, lights were on but no air moving, I reset breaker and now I here noise but get code on door PO

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Model KRFF507ESS01

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Serial number K63901037. no

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What kind of a fix are we talking about, can I do it myself?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/3/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 6 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

PO means that the board needs to be programmed. You can try to re-program it, but honestly it should never do this unless the board is brand new so most likely the main board on the back has just failed and needs to be replaced. First, try to unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes and see if it resets. If not, try to reprogram the board and see if it'll let you.

To program the board: LL, UL and such are the 4 buttons around the display itself which are not labeled (Up/Down arrows). LL is lower left. UR is upper right, LR is lower right.

1- Press and hold the Water Keypad

2- Half a second later Press and hold the LL Keypad At this point you're holding two keypads

3- Keep holding the 2 keypads for 2 seconds then release the Water Keypad and wait 3 seconds At this point you're still holding the LL keypad. Now release the LL keypad.

4- The control will display PE (Programming mode no OOOO after it). If it doesn't show just PE then you have to re-try steps 1-4 again.

5- Press the LL Keypad once more

6- The control will display the current program code

7- Find the program code (4 digit code number is ***** on the model sticker near the ceiling inside the refrigerator). Press the UR keypad or LR keypad to change the digit value. The decimal point indicates the selected digit. Press the UL keypad to select the next digit.

Once you have the correct program code entered, press and hold the LL keypad until the program code starts flashing. Now just open the doors for 15 seconds and then close them and the display should be back to normal. If you try to enter an invalid code it won't flash and the control will beep. If that's what happens try again.

Lastly, if it won't re-program, you just need a new board and that is part number W10843055 and costs about $300 at Searspartsdirect.com.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

If may have helped, I will see. The expert gave me info and maybe a procedure I can try. However, you guys hit my card for $31 I refused the transaction, I did not accept your offer but rather x ed out of page. I how will call capital one and talk to them. Thank you.

Again, I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.