Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My microwave says H98 and won't start. Microwave Panasonic…

Customer Question
My microwave says H98...

My microwave says H98 and won't start.

Contractor's Assistant: What device is not powering up?

Microwave Panasonic Inverter

Contractor's Assistant: How long have you had your H98?

H98 is the error code

Contractor's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Panasonic product?

Turning it off and resetting it

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

How do I fix this

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/3/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 6 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

ok

So H98 is probably the most common issue that Panasonic microwaves get. H98 can be caused from several things, but it all means the same thing–the magnetron is not drawing the amount of power needed. You could have a faulty magnetron itself, a faulty inverter board, or one of your door switches can just not be activating correctly. You can’t test the magnetron or the inverter board, so the best thing to do is check the door switches. Unplug the unit and remove the control panel. This will give you access to the door switches to the left of the control panel opening. There should be 3 switches which you can remove and make sure they don’t look burnt. Push on the little actuator buttons and see if the switches still click. If so then reinstall the switches and shut the door to make sure the door is activating all the switches when the door shuts. If so, then it’s time to guess which part you want to replace–either the magnetron or the inverter board. The manufacturer will tell you to replace the inverter board first, but it’s really a toss up.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Thank you for your help it sounds like it is time tp get a new microwave.
rate for you 5

Not a problem but I wish I had better news for you today.

Thank you have a good day !

You as well!