Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Frigidaire Gallery Stove/Oven - PF code on all displays.

Customer Question
Frigidaire Gallery Stove/Oven -...

Frigidaire Gallery Stove/Oven - PF code on all displays. Oven fan spins, won't heat. Flipped breaker, rest stove, unplugged, removed back panel. Call technician? Thanks.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The only documentation I see says 2011###-##-#### Mean anything to you?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I'm relatively handy....

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

My wife is breathing down my neck to get it resolved. In a good way...

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/3/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Thanks.

Do you have a full model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the oven and can be seen if you open the door or remove the drawer below the door if there is one so that I can better assist you?

is the only number I can find, in very small print on a sticker inside the oven door.
Frigidaire 2011 Double Free-Standing Range Block Diagram and Interconnections
Service Data Sheet###-##-####(1106) Rev. B

It's not on the door itself, it's on the frame of the oven around the front frame. Also, it'll start with letters, not numbers.

Jackpot. FGEF306TMBC

Perfect, thank you one moment.

First, does the cooktop heat even though the oven wont heat?

No, cooktop won't heat at all.
No response from cooktop indicator lights, except to flash a digital PF when I try to start the oven, either preheating or baking.

OK got it. So first, PF just stands for "power failure" which will appear any time you unplug the oven or a power outage occurs. Since nothing is heating, you need to test power at the terminal block on the back of your oven between the 2 outside power wires. You should have 220 volts. If not, then that would explain why the oven is heating so try to flip the breaker off and back on and if that doesn't work, then you may need an electrician.

Other than that, if you are getting 220 volts and not just 110 volts to the oven, your main display board has failed and would need to be replaced. That is the only thing that would stop heating for both the oven and the cooktop. The part number for the board is###-##-####

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Now, after flashing 8.8. and PF, the cooktop display indicate real numbers (i.e., 2.8), but do not actually heat up.

Still the same possibilities I told you before.

QUOTE:

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?