Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My freezer is making a loud humming sound and I don't know…

Customer Question
My freezer is making...

My freezer is making a loud humming sound and I don't know why. The store I bought it from has moved and I don't know where.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

It is MZF34X20DW00, Model#200FA. I don't know how to check settings and I can't change the green lights on the inside.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I don't know how but I think it is still under the original warranty

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/3/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Thank You

If the unit is less than 1 year old, call 1.***-***-**** and they can schedule an appointment with your and determine who is authorized locally with you. Otherwise, if it's out of warranty you can still call them if you need someone to come out, but if you wanted to try to fix the problem yourself, you'd need to unplug the refrigerator and remove the lower back panel inside the freezer. Unscrew this panel and see if any ice/frost is built up around the fan. If so, use a hair dryer to thaw it out---otherwise replace the fan motor because that is what would hum loudly inside the unit. If the humming is coming from outside the unit, that would be a problem with the compressor.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?