Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My washer is giving me an F 21 error message.It won't turn…

Customer Question
My washer is giving...

My washer is giving me an F 21 error message.It won't turn off or unlock or spin.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is a 2008 model Whirlpool Duet front-loading machine.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends. I have a warranty with Sears if it something that can't be easily fixed.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The item it is stuck with is a dog bed with foam insides. The power on the machine just turned off and unlocked the door. However, that also happened earlier and when I restarted it, the same error message came up.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Cancel and refund my $5
1/3/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

Have you unplug ed the unit for 5 minutes to try and REBOOT the electronic control board ?

If not let`s do that now!