Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Ice maker works, makes ice and dumps it, but appears to leak…

Customer Question
Ice maker works, makes...

Ice maker works, makes ice and dumps it, but appears to leak water into the basket causing the ice to be frozen together as a lump.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Model rfg297aabp. Age 4-5 years?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I am rather handy.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/3/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 6 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

There isn't much you can do other than use a hair dryer and thaw out the entire icemaker, fill tube, and fill cup behind the icemaker to make sure water isn't splashing in a way it's not supposed to. If it continues to leak, either the icemaker is calling for too much water or is leaking---either way the entire icemaker would need to be replaced so below is a link to the icemaker you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for icemaker for refrigerator upper left corner

CLICK HERE for icemaker for freezer attached to ceiling

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?