Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Viking griddle wont maintain temp. i replace the igniter and…

Customer Question
Viking griddle wont maintain...

Viking griddle wont maintain temp. i replace the igniter and still have a problem. It lights first time, but after heating, it will not ignite again even asthe thermostat is calling for ignition. igniter stays hot but no gas.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Viking is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Age is 15 years, I have changed the igniter several time in its life also have change thermostat too. model is vgrt 3604gss

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Susre

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Sure allways

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/3/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 6 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If the igniter continues to glow for the griddle, but the gas won't release, then check the amp draw of the igniter. I know you just replaced the igniter, but you have a very uncommon issue so I would make sure the igniter is drawing 3.2 amps to open the oven gas safety valve. If not, then return the igniter and get another one. If you are drawing 3.2 amps, replace the safety valve because as it warms up, it's failing to open. You can order parts at AllVikingParts.com if you call them and have them look up the part.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?