Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool dishwasher model wdt720padb2. Not getting…

Customer Question
I have a whirlpool...

I have a whirlpool dishwasher model wdt720padb2. Not getting any power. I checked all connections and there is power to machine. I have nonsense able to locate the thermal fuse. Any suggestions?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Two years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Serial no. F6111 1177

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/3/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

There are no fuses or cut outs on this dishwasher unfortunately. If the unit acts like it's completely dead, remove the kick panel and located the junction box where the power cord connect to the bottom of the dishwasher in the front right corner. Make sure none of the wires are shorted and make sure the dishwasher is getting 110 volts from your house if you have a multimeter. If that all checks good, then you just need to replace the interface control on the top of your door because it has failed. It's about $135 I'm sorry to say and below is a link to the part if you wanted to order it.

CLICK HERE for interface control

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

if I have a power surge or outage the panel is gone?

Unfortunately that's a possibility with all electronics. It won't happen every time, but it can happen on occasion.