Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My dishwasher is not turning on. When I push start, I hear…

Customer Question
Hi my dishwasher...

Hi my dishwasher is not turning on. When I push start, I hear the rotor move a few times, a very soft wheeze, a little water, and then it stops. And the delay panel goes to 25, and I cannot move it. Im wondering if the water if frozen or the machine is broken? Thanks

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Ill check

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

SHE6APO2UC/83

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Purchased in 2009

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/3/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 6 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Error 25 means that the dishwasher isn't draining properly. The first thing the dishwasher does when it starts a cycle is tries to drain any remaining water left in the sump. If you think it's cold enough behind or below the dishwasher to freeze, then I'd wait until it warms up and try again. If you still have problems, the dishwasher will need to be uninstalled and the drain pump removed to see if anything is jamming the pump. Disconnect the drain hose and blow through it to make sure it's clear. If that all checks good, you need to replace the drain pump.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Thanks -- it is very cold. So that may be it.

Alright, well I'd just wait until it warms up before I try anything then. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and if you need anything else just let me know.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?