Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Have a GE eletric stove model number JBP68HK2CC, changing…

Customer Question
Have a GE eletric...

Have a GE eletric stove model number JBP68HK2CC, changing the light bulb it broke and shorted out now just the stove top works but not the oven, clock etc.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Bought at home depot 2006 mo number JB68HOK2CC

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YES

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Is there a fuse ?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
1/3/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 month ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Unfortunately there is no fuse or cut out between the light bulb and the display control board (where the light bulb gets power) on this particular model. If the light bulb shorted out, it then shorted out the display board as well. The cooktop will continue to work, but the display board needs to be replaced to get the oven to function again. The only good news is that the display board is only about $70. Below is a link to the part. Typically they are about $150-200.

CLICK HERE for display board

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc