Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Dryer will not come on. Can hear timer component. I replaced…

Customer Question
Dryer will not come...

Dryer will not come on. Can hear timer component. I replaced the push button start component

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Yes it has. Whirlpool 6 cycle 3 temp model #LET6634DQO

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/3/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Two things typically cause this either a broken door switch or the rear thermal fuse is bad. Check the door switch actuator and see if it is broken. If that is fine then remove the back panel on the unit and see if the thermal fuse is burned out. If it is check the vent to the outside for any blockages on the unit. CLICK HERE VIDEO part #3392519. If both of those things are good check the power to the unit to make sure you have 240 volts to it and if that is good you would have a failed timer contact.

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!