Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a kitchenaid dishwasher SurperbaModel KUDS01DJBL1…

Customer Question
I have a kitchenaid dishwasher...
I have a kitchenaid dishwasher SurperbaModel KUDS01DJBL1 that was not draining. I have cleaned it out except for the very bottom i can't see how to get the cover off the grinder to clean it. I am affraid if i force it that it will break.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/3/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 4 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Unfortuantely those covers stick and you have to grab them with a needle nose pliers or pry with a small screwdriver to remove them. Below is a video on how to remove and access it, but again, it's easier in this video than what you are likely experiencing so if you have pliers, pry on the side where you see him prying on with a screwdriver. Then grab the top center nipple on the dome with pliers and pull up.

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Running it now to see what happens

ok

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc