Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I'm having a problem with my dishwasher not having enough…

Customer Question
I'm having a problem...

I'm having a problem with my dishwasher not having enough water from the lower arm. For awhile I've also noticed water backing up into the tub of my dishwasher. I don't often use it and I've never been sure where that water was coming from.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

I've tried to run it through a cycle. It is a GE model # GLD4408R00ww

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I'd like to but not sure where to begin. The machine is only 3 years and I have only used it 3 or 4 times

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Those are all the issues I've noticed with it.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/3/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Is the machine connected directly to the disposal?

Talking would be better but it is late here and I would need to go out to my storage unit to get tools.

Is the drain looped a above the disposal then back down?

I've already spent 28.00 and I want to be prepared when I get the information that should help me. I do not want to go out in the freezing rain to get tools. Can't I just get the written information?
the drain loop is above the disposal and then back down

OK does the unit fill with water and does the main wash motor come on?