Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

GE JVM1410BC Does not hear, all other functions seen to

Customer Question
GE JVM1410BC...

GE JVM1410BC Does not hear, all other functions seen to work

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

2001 Mfgr date

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/3/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

There are a few things that can cause the unit not to heat. So if it is running fine and just does not heat the unit most likely at that age has a bad magentron tube on the unit or possibly a bad door switch on the unit. The magnetron tube is no longer available on the unit so unless it is a bad door switch it may be time for a new one. 16 years is a good run on that unit.

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!