Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have 10kg sports 6th sense whirlpool that is not working.

Customer Question
We have 10kg sports...

We have 10kg sports 6th sense whirlpool that is not working. It comes up with AH error. We have checked the water is opened with full pressure & the hose is not kinked and filter not blocked.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

We bought it from Masters at Tingalpa approx 6 years ago. Not sure of exact model but it has WFE 1200CW SPORTS 6th Sense printed on it.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Only if it is feasible?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What is the availability of your technicians and the cost to call out.

Contractor's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Appliance Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

Sounds great! how readily available are they?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/3/2018
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 4 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Have you tried doing a hard reset by unplugging the unit for 5 minutes to do a hard reset?

Have reset still error AH
have tried hard resetting several times. Opened the powered drawer that was full of water then re tried, it appeared to work till the last 10mins of the quick wash cycle, then the AH error occurred again.
hello
can you please assist. my washing machine is still not working
what is your contact phone number?
why are you not replying
I am so sorry I work primarily in the evenings hnless requested here by a customer in the mornings due to my other job. Give me just a few minutes and I will be right with you.
Fault code AH means that the machine has not detected any water coming into the drum in the allocated time.Check the water valve is on and that the fill hose is not kinked.
If it’s not linked more then likely your water inlet valve has failed and is going to need to be replaced.
I have checked all of AH recommendations. I have organised a technician to call out. Please refund my $39
I can have it refunded if you like but what needs checked is your water inlet valve that is the more then likely cause of your issue.
We have checked it,
Did you check it with a multimeter though? It is electrical and that is what I am worrying may have failed on it.
No what is a multi meter?
It’s to measure the voltage or resistance of a particular part. From what your describing I honestly believe your issue is with the water inlet valve needing to be replaced. A multimeter would confirm that but will cost around 20 dollars in a store to buy. Any chance you may know someone who has one?
No
Ok well then I’m that case the only suggestion I can make would be to replace the water inlet valve because that is what the issue is with I just wanted to be able to confirm it by testing it was all.
We need it fixed now
I totally understand but the quickest way will be to replace the water inlet valve and you will be good to go after that.
where do we get it from? how much does it cost? how do we install it?
Do you happen to have a sears near you. Or honestly any appliance store would more then likely have the part on hand. You give them your model number and they can give you the part.
We have got a technician to fix pl refund our money

W​ell I have no problem having them refund your money but just out of curiosity what was wrong with it?

I'll check & let you know as my partner saw the technician

ok

Please refund my payment

I have sent it in for a refund but did you find out what was wrong with it?

waiting for invoice from technician

ok

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman