Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I HAVE A MAYTAG 2016 RE 6 23 34102 OVER THE RANGE MICROWAVE…

Customer Question
I HAVE A MAYTAG...

I HAVE A MAYTAG 2016 RE 6 23 34102 OVER THE RANGE MICROWAVE OVEN AND WHEN I TRY TO TURN OR COOK ANYTHING THE MICROWAVE CLOSE ON DOOR COME ON AND THE MICROWAVE WILL NOT YURN ON.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

2016, two years old TR 6 23 34102.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What could be the problem.?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/3/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 6 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

You'll want to call warranty to see if they will help fix this issue even though it's over a year old. It's a well known problem. There are 3 door switches for safety reasons and the middle door switch with 3 terminals on it is failing causing the microwave to not think the door is closed. This door switch wasn't durable from the factory so the switch has been re-designed to handle more electricity. If they decide to not help, then you can order a new door switch at Searspartdirect.com or Repairclinic.com if you have a full model number.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?