Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Jenn Air refrigerator is not working - not cooling at…

Customer Question
My Jenn Air refrigerator...

My Jenn Air refrigerator is not working - not cooling at all. The ice has melted and it is hot inside. Can you help me?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

8 to 12 yrs. Don't have the model Number

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can't think of anything

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/3/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 6 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a full model number so I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section and seen if you just open the refrigerator door.

Do you hear any fans or motors running or is the unit 100% silent?

I hear noises. JCD2295KEP
I really would like to get a technician to fix it for me. Can you help?

OK pull the refrigerator forward and remove the lower back access panel. Is the fan next to the big black round compressor running? And if you touch the compressor is it room temperature, warm, or blazing hot?

Ah, if you'd like a technician at your house, you'd want to see who is authorized in your area. I'm out of Denver Colorado so unless you're near me that really wouldn't be possible. But to see who is authorized in your area, you can call 1.***-***-**** and they should be able to tell you who can fix it in your area.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?