Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

GE Refrigerator not working. Freezer not getting cold

Customer Question
enough, refrigerator not getting cold...
GE Refrigerator not working. Freezer not getting cold enough, refrigerator not getting cold enough.GE Refrigerator, Model number GTS18DB
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/2/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Okay, pull the unit out so you can get behind it. Remove the back lower panel to access the compressor area and condenser fan. Check and see if the fan is running and also see if the compressor is vibrating or not, plus see if the compressor is hot ,cold or warm to the touch. please post back to me with what you have found. Also note anything you have changed out part wise or have done and not mentioned in your original post. I am helping other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

It's a rental property. I'll check tomorrow and get back to you. Thank you.

Ok great!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!

Haven't been able to coordinate with the tenant a day/time to get in and look. Apparently, she's been away a lot lately. She's ususally there but not so much lately.

OK thanks for the update!

No noise no power is going to fridge and no warmth or vibration.
Are you ever going to respond, buddy? I said No noise no power is going to fridge and no warmth or vibration. Thanks.

Sorry there was an issue in your post, are the interior lights even working?

No
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 5 months ago

If they are not even working check the power to the unit.

There's power coming from the outlet

If the lights do not come on you need to check the power cord where it comes into the unit it may be burned up there. That would be about the only thing that could cause that issue.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hi there,