Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Ihave a2003 Kenmore Elite Microve Oven that makes a loud…

Customer Question
Ihave a2003 Kenmore Elite...

Ihave a2003 Kenmore Elite Microve Oven that makes a loud noise when Ipush the fan speed switch on

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Its a 2003 model number***********

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Do I have to take the bottom panel off on the bottom of the unit to see where the fan is

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/2/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

would you say that this noise is coming from the fan running?

You can not gain access to the fan from under the unit.

The only way to get to the fan is to remove the microwave off the wall and remove the outer cabinet , to gain access to the blower fan assembly.