Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I changed the filter light panel will not stay on to reset.

Customer Question
I changed the filter...

I changed the filter light panel will not stay on to reset

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

2days

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I already changed the filter trying to reset the panel

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

How to reset

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/2/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

F12269vem3

I find nothing on that number.

Whom is the manufacture of the unit?

Ok

could the model number actually be MFI2269VEM3

My question how to reset panel after I changed filter lighted part off

could the model number actually be MFI2269VEM3?

If that is the correct model number .here is how to reset the water filter light .

After replacing the water filter, press and hold Reset Filter or Filter Reset (depending on your model) for 3 seconds. The Order and Replace indicator lights will blink and then go off when the system is reset.

The manufacturer is Maytag the model #is correct

This did not work
Light still off

if the light is OFF the filter has been reset!

Like my instructions say ((The Order and Replace indicator lights will blink and then go off when the system is reset.))

The panel is off it usually shows the temp etc
If I press it shows 888 in the temp when I press the reset all the lights come on then when I release they go off

ok so then your not talking about the filter rest light ,your talking about the entire control panel then correct?

Only happened after I changed filter

do the interior lights work in the unit or they too also off?

the interior lights is on it is getting power
Did you get my last answerThe inside light is on

ok you have a bad main control board if it is showing you 888.

It is the main control board mounted in the rear of the unit .

Do you need a link to the part info

No guess I will call a service man
Exactly how much will I be charged for this
Conservation ?

I show you selected the value to your questions as $30.50

Thank you ?
Lesson learned

glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance .

And Have a Safe and Happy New Year!

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me. I'm sure you don't work for free, so please don't expect that I should.

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time .

I'm sure you don't work for free, so please don't expect that I should.

Master Tech
Master Tech