Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Wife tried to change a bulb. Short circuited the microwave,

Customer Question
Wife tried to change...

Wife tried to change a bulb. Short circuited the microwave, flipped the breaker. I reset the breaker, tried unplugging and replugging the unit. Still not working.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

GE bought it in 2012

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on degree of difficulty. If extensive, will consider replacing. Model number is *****

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can’t think of anything

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/2/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

If the light bulb was being replaced with the unit still plugged in (powered) then she most likely damaged the main electronic control board .

It states right in the use and care booklet to power the unit off v when replalcing the light bulbs .

A new electronic control board is almost $200.00

I would not recommend replacing the part on a 5 year old unit .

You would be better off just replacing the unit.

But if you have any questions just let me know.

Thx ,I will buy another unit.

No problem ,glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance and have a Safe ad Happy New Year!

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.