Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I haVE A Maytag 500 series top load washer. When I load it…

Customer Question
I haVE A Maytag...

I haVE A Maytag 500 series top load washer. When I load it and turn it on it goes directly to spin and drains out it will not wash!

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Kenmore series 500 top load 4 year sold

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is something not too complicated. i am not a technician

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Only that it skips the wash cycle and goes directly to the spin cycle

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/2/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, this is Dave and I welcome you to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

You mention it is a Maytag and then that it is a Kenmore. Can you provide a model number so I can be specific about the repair?

It is a Kenmore

Okay, the model number will be needed. It should start with 3 numbers like 110. If this is a top load washer it is seen after you lift the lid on a sticker.

Type 588-20
Serv C40231881

Thanks. Your washer uses one belt. If you tip the washer up and look in the bottom there is a plastic guard covering a pulley and the belt. See if it is damaged. If you remove the two bolts that hold on that cover you can get a good look to see if the pulley is loose. If it is more that this it will get more difficult. Let me know what you find and if you need more help. Dave

Issue the cover but I don’t have the tools to take it off! What next

Are you saying you see damage to the plastic cover?