Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Kitchen Aid Superba under counter ice maker. The…

Customer Question
I have a Kitchen...

I have a Kitchen Aid Superba under counter ice maker. The water runs all the time. It does not cut off. The model number is ***** Is there a switch or part that needs replacing?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

12 years old Twelve years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, my husband if it is a part to be replaced. If something major will call a repair man.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I know of.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/2/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

When you say the water does not cut off ,do you mean the unit is filling or that the water is running over the evaporator plate?

The water is coming out the drain tube in the back that goes to the outside. It runs continuously even with the ice maker off.

Ok good info .

You have a faulty water inlet valve and the valve will need to be replaced .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

Do you have any questions for me ?

Where is this water inlet valve located on the ice maker?

on the bottom left front corner behind the lower grill !

Thanks we found it and are ordering the part.

No problem .glad to assist you anytime.

If you have not already turned off the water supply you should do that now!

Master Tech
Master Tech