Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our Wolf gas cooktop has a couple of control knobs that

Customer Question
Our Wolf gas cooktop...

Our Wolf gas cooktop has a couple of control knobs that suffer from "drift." When we dial for the desired flame, the knob drifts downward to a much lower setting when released.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Wolf is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 2 1/2 years old. 822665REVA

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I guess it depends upon how involved it is.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I know of.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 3 days by:
1/5/2018
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Are you still needing help with this?

Thank you. The issue is obviously with the valves but you may be able to "resurrect" them rather than replace them. If you place a drop or two of a household oil (not WD40) onto the shaft after the knobs are removed so it flows into the body of the valve, does the behavior change?