Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Aga front burner is not igniting, does not make a

Customer Question
My Aga front burner...

My Aga front burner is not igniting, does not make a clicking sound.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just started

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

My large oven does not heat up to correct temperature I have called 2 AGA dealers and they both have been flakes and did not come to do a service call.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

AGA Legacy U104613-03 10 years maybe.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
I have a repairman that is willing to work on my oven but needs to know what needs to be done.
How long for a reply?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 2 days by:
1/4/2018
Appliance Technician: Jarrett Baker, Building Inspector replied 7 months ago
Jarrett Baker
Jarrett Baker, Building Inspector

hello, if the burner in not making the signature clicking sound, the igniter has gone bad. They do this over time, after being used a lot. This is a very common failure on any gas range that has been used over a period of time. The igniter is simply a action switch that creates a spark of electricity, similar to a spark plug. Clicking and clicking over years wears out the contacts. It should not be very hard to have this replaced by any appliance repair tech. This should answer your question, please rate me five stars.

Inspector & Building Analyst- J Baker

Also, what about my large oven not heating past warm?

Well, this could be a several things since it is working. It may be the burner going out, cracked or blistered. Check the burner. It could also be a draft issue. Make sure that the oven is clean, especially were the exhaust vents up the back and out at the back of the burner area, just below the controls. If it is not digitally controlled, it could be the reostat conneted to the temp knob inside. If it is a digital controlled thermostat, it can me part of the control board in the back, which will require a tech to diagnose onsite. I do believe that it will be one of these problems.

J Baker