Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Refrigerator ice maker not working No water is going into…

Customer Question
Refrigerator ice maker not...

Refrigerator ice maker not working No water is going into ice tray

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Samsung, model RSG257AAWP/xAA PURCHASE 8/28/20123 under master waranty

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Are you arranging repair?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 day by:
1/4/2018
Appliance Technician: JohnF2015, Mechanic replied 1 month ago
JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Mechanic

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

It sounds like either the ice maker itself is not triggering the water valve to fill when it should be or the water valve itself is not working. If you have a master warranty on the unit then you would need to contact the warranty administrator for the warranty. We are not a warranty company nor do we schedule for service or repair of the machines while under warranty. We are here to assist the do it yourself customer by offering suggestions and / or recommendations in order to help you repair the machine yourself.

Do you know who this master warranty is through? Was it a Samsung warranty? A box store extended warranty?

I will try to help you as much as I can here, however as I stated before we do not arrange for service on machines while in warranty. You would need to contact the warranty administrator.

John, Home Appliance Technician