Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

What does problem #20m mean on the dryer screen? Aerosmart…

Customer Question
Hi what does problem...

Hi what does problem #20m mean on the dryer screen?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Aerosmart about 7 yres

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe, depends on what the problem is,

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, it is my mother's unit, she lives in Toronto, had an issue with the door, March 2017... has since been repaired was told by repairman that if problem persists, to acknowledge the code that appears on the screen

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 day by:
1/3/2018
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 month ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Are you still needing help with this?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi
I am not at my moms house anymore, took too long to respond
The dryer is a top loader about 5 years old

Thank you. The 20m is not an error code, so it may be a programming code or perhaps a time left indicator, depending on the model.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It shows #20 with the wrench symbol next to it

Well, depending on the model, an error 20 is a door actuator error, which would make sense if the door had issues....

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It had the same issue back in March, one of the authorized repair dealers came to repair, but they did notvfind anything , cost me 150.00 and now same issue , another service call will cost a senior on a fixed income quite a bit of their budget
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello
It is an Aerosmart about 6 years old....top loader

I will need the actual model number, it will look like WL4027P1.

Rusty S
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician