Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a microwave oven that sparked after combo cooking a…

Customer Question
I have a microwave...

I have a microwave oven that sparked after combo cooking a turkey. After I cleaned, I tested with cup of water and still got spark. I cleaned the deflector card tried again still sparked. Re-looked at the card and fond carbon ark. I have disassembled the oven and find that the magnatron tip that goes into the dispersion box has the tip arked of and it is open . Is this normal or do I have to replace the Magnatron?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

GE , JES1290SK01

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YEs

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I am aware of. I will also have to replae the deflection card in the excitation cavity.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 3 days by:
1/5/2018
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 month ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Are you still needing help with this?

John, Home Appliance Technician