Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

When I started the dishwasher the water tap light came on.

Customer Question
When I started the...

When I started the dishwasher the water tap light came on

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Shx68t55uc. Fd950703790

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Idonot Itknow

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

How difficult is it to clear the line or what ever the problem is

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/2/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 6 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Let's try to rest the issue. Press and hold the start button for 5 seconds to reset the cycle. Now close the door and let it go through the 2 minutes drain sequence. Now open the door and turn the power off. Wait 15 seconds and start a normal cycle like you would. See if the error occurs again when you start a cycle. If you're sure you have water pressure going to the dishwasher, then the electronic water valve in the back left corner of your dishwasher will need to be replaced because the valve is restricted and needs to be replaced.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.