Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool washer machine model WFW9250, after 5…

Customer Question
Hi,i have a whirlpool...

Hi,i have a whirlpool washer machine model WFW9250, after 5 years is not working good,,after 5 to 8 minutes stops and the LF letters showing in the little screen ,,what should i do?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

5 to 6 years old and model # is WFW9250

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

SURE ,IF I CAN ,IF IS EASY I WILL, I DON'T KNOW

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

IN CASE I CAN'T DO IT ...WHO CAN I CALL TO FIX IT?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/2/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Error LF means that the washer isn't filling up with water quick enough. The first thing you need to do is check the water level when the error LF appears. It should be right at the bottom of the door glass. If it's way above the bottom of the door glass, then that means your pressure switch isn't sensing the water level properly. Pull the washer forward and unscrew the top panel of the washer. The top panel will pull straight back, up and off. The pressure switch is mounted in the back right corner of the washer against the right side wall. It has a small rubber hose and several wires going to it. Disconnect the small rubber hose and blow through it to make sure it's clear. Also make sure there isn't a hole in the side of the hose. If it all check good, reconnect the hose and try again. If it still overfills---replace the pressure switch.

Now if it's not filling with enough water, the error is correct. Unplug the washer and turn the water off. Disconnect the water supply hoses to the back of the washer and make sure the screens on the back of the washer are clear where the hoses connect. Make sure you have good water pressure coming out of the hoses if you put them in a 5 gallon bucket. If that all checks good, the electronic water valves on your washer itself will need to be replaced because they are restricting the water flow.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?