Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a maytag Neptune gas dryer that will not heat.

Customer Question
I have a maytag...

I have a maytag Neptune gas dryer that will not heat

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Mdg4000bww

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have a good gas supply other appliances in house work

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/2/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 6 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

ok

The first thing you need to do is remove the front panel to see if the igniter is glowing or not. Open the door and remove the 2 screws through the door hinge going into the front panel. Then remove the 2 screws on the opposite side of the door way going into the front panel. The front panel will unclip at the top and hinge forward and down.

Now close the door and start a cycle. Look under the drum for 2 minutes with the dryer running and do you see anything glowing? It would be very obvious.