Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My oven microwave is locked how do I get it unlocked. About5…

Customer Question
My oven microwave is...

My oven microwave is locked how do I get it unlocked

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

About5 yrs

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It worked and pressed start 3seconds like it said and it said not functional

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
1/2/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 month ago
Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, this is Dave and I welcome you to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Write the answer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This is a scam
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 1 month ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

I see the last person has opted out of your question!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, And I own my own Appliance repair Company

I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Do you still need assistance on your question?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My oven is locked out it is a whirlpool with microwave on top.

what do you mean by locked out? is the control board keypad locked or is the oven door locked?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The key pad says it is not functioning

ok open the bottom oven and on the right hand side of the face frame is the model /serial number ,please give me the model number.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
model #woc54ec0ab00 serial d32871074 microwaves e and oven built together

Thank you!
Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model

To Unlock Control: Press and hold LOWER START for 3 seconds or until “CONTROL UNLOCKED” scrolls in the display.

Let me know if this has unlocked the control for you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It locked both microwave and oven
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did it again and microwave un locked but oven said features not available

ok let`s do it again and then see if the keypads then work.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Says locked
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It in locks microwave but not oven

ok lets do it again and the control should be unlocked .

And when the control is unlocked will the keypads for the microwave work?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It unlocks microwave but not oven

ok the oven is not locked it is just that the keypads are not working

OK if you press the lower left BAKE keypad what if anything does the display show?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Feature not available

ok have you turn the units circuit breaker off then back on to reboot the control board yet"?

If not let`s do that now, then try Bake again and see if it still says feature not available.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How do you turn circuit breaker on or off?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you talking about the home circuit breaker?

find the circuit breaker box and turn the oven breaker off then back on.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you it worked I turned circuit breaker and it worked

ok so it was just a glitch in the electronic control board then and turning the power off and back on just rebooted the control board .

Glad to assist you anytime.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

Please remember to rate me .

Master Tech
Master Tech