Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

The lock light on the kenmore elite dishwasher will not turn…

Customer Question
The lock light on...

The lock light on the kenmore elite dishwasher will not turn off. How do I reset it.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Ab

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

About 6 months. Bought it in June.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
1/1/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 month ago
Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, this is Dave and I welcome you to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

I might need the complete model number but try this first. Press and hold the Energy Save Dry button for 4 seconds. Let me know what happens.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Wuld that be the Smart dry. If it is, it if not work. Still locked.

Okay, that model is different. Can you see a model tag on the side of the tank near the door seal? I will need that number.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No. MOD # 14753N511
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Serial # F71708256 Stock # 14753N

Does the model number have 3 digits and a period before what you gave me like 103?

I think it starts with 665. Here is what you need to do. Press and hold the Top Rack Only button for 4 seconds and it will unlock. Let me know what happens. Dave

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No But below the stock # is Type # 582-2

No problem. Let me know what happens when you hold the Top Rack Only button for 4 seconds.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Still locked.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Your right there is a 665. in front of the 14753N511 #.

Okay at least we have the right procedure. Try again but if it still doesn't work turn off the breaker for the dishwasher for 3 minutes and then try again. The alternative will be expensive.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Breaker is off and timer is counting down. Hopefully is works.

Let's hope. Let me know. If it doesn't, open the door, close and try again. If still not working press cancel/drain and try again.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
still locked.

This is the same procedure from your Use and Care Guide. If it doesn't work you will need service. We tried.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
To cancel the lock out you have to press cancel for 3 seconds than press sani-rinse. for 3 seconds. My daughter show up and new how to unlock lock. But thanks for your help. Hopefully I will remember how.

Thanks for that information. The use and care guide for you model seems to be wrong.

Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave