Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We left pot of soup unattended and boiled over and cooktop…

Customer Question
We left pot of...

We left pot of soup unattended and boiled over and cooktop smoked sparked and popped. Is it fixable

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Three days ago. Turned off at breaker and have not attempted to try it

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Only if feasible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It is 12 yrs old amana

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

12 yrs old do2n draft fan white glass top. Looking for model number

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/1/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Yes it likely just shorted out maybe one element on the unit is it totally dead now?