Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our Samsung refrigerater will not cool below 50 degrees. We…

Customer Question
Our Samsung refrigerater will...

Our Samsung refrigerater will not cool below 50 degrees. We have an FR 263 series refrig. When I touch the "refrig" button it will display various temps, e.g. 46, 44, 42, etc. but will the revert to 50 or 51. Currently it displays 53. It is obviously not cooling as expected. There is only my husband and myself, and this will be display in the morning; hence, it is not getting cooler. Any ideas?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I am told it is about 3 years old, a French door model. The entire number in the door is RF263AERS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No, what work?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I know of. Freezer is working well, the crisper appears O K , I was hoping that perhaps I was not pushing the 3 buttons correctly Fridge, Power Saver and E-Saver.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/1/2018
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 3 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Have you tried doing a hard reset by unplugging the unit for 5 minutes to do a hard reset?

Can I just hit the breaker to do this?

yes hitting the breaker for 5 minutes will do the same thing.

Great, we are now trying this

sounds good keep me posted

I assume it will take awhile to be able to tell if this is a fix. Once we hit the temp. that we want it goes back quickly to now 54 degrees, I assume the actual temp in the refrig. Because this refrig is new to us Are we setting this correctly? That is we hit the "Frig" button to set desired temp? Correct?

yes correct. Once it has been a while if it doesn't seem to change your welcome to follow up with me here on this thread. Now I do have a question. Do you hear the fan running on the freezer? You should hear it when the door is shut and it should stop when the door is open. Also the compressor in the back is it running? Is it hot or warm when your hand is near it?

I assume it will take awhile to determine if this is the fix. Once we hit the temp we want, the reading goes back to 53, I assume the actual temp in the refrig. Because this refrig is new to us I want to make certain that we are doing this simple part correctly. There are 2 other buttons, Power Cool and E saver. I am not using those to set temp. Sound correct?

if you can grab me the model number I can certainly verify this for you and hopefully get a manual that will familiarize you with the unit as well.

I wanted to follow up with you because I noticed the question was still open and I wanted to see if you had any further issues.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman