Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Code E:15. Just bought dishwasher and installed yesterday.

Customer Question
Just bought dishwasher and...

Just bought dishwasher and installed yesterday

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Bosch shem63w52n

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/1/2018
Appliance Technician: AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 month ago
AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. Thank you for allowing us to help you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your question so that I may help you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have not run a diagnostics test

E15 is an indication that there is water sitting in the base of the dishwasher.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 5 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated. Please rate my service and not the appliance. Also rating me does not close this question and you can still post here if you need anymore help. Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what does this code mean

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The pump is not completely emptying the basin. I soaked up the little that was there and nothing has changed

You will need to pull the unit out in the floor, tilt it back 45 degree to allow the water underneath to drain.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Am I going to need to do this every time I do dishes?

No. If code returns then you have a leak and will need to find it and fix it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The code did return. When I tipped the machine, a bunch of water came out from inside the machine.

Did you let all the water drain?

Then you must have a leak somewhere. Check the float switch is not stuck as well. It is located underneath the machine.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I tilted it again. Got a little more water. Seems to be working now.

Good to hear. If I have answered all your questions and you are satisfied, please go ahead and rate me. Thanks. Happy New Year!

AppTech8579
AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician