Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

When the cycle is complete, and just before it shuts off,

Customer Question
When the cycle is...

When the cycle is complete, and just before it shuts off, the fill valve comes on and fills the tub full of water again. then shuts off. it didn't used to do this. what could be wrong with it now. whirlpool mod# *****

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Its about 3 years old. mod.# wdt720padm2.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. i am a retired maytag factory repair technician.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

At the end of the cycle the water completely drains out , but then the fill valve comes on and fills up completely and then shuts off.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/1/2018
Appliance Technician: AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 months ago
AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. Thank you for allowing us to help you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your question so that I may help you.

This could be the inlet valve, pressure switch or the control board faulty.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 5 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated. Please rate my service and not the appliance. Also rating me does not close this question and you can still post here if you need anymore help. Thank you!