Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a model # JF42CXFXDB01 refrigerator. It stopped

Customer Question
I have a model...

I have a model # JF42CXFXDB01 refrigerator. It stopped running. the control panel went dead. If you press start it lights up for a second and then shuts down again. Any suggestions?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

I just gave you the make and model. It is 9 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can, I am pretty good with mechanical and electrical work.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That is it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/1/2018
Appliance Technician: AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. Thank you for allowing us to help you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your question so that I may help you.

Unfortunately the control board will need to be replaced to fix this problem.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 5 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated. Please rate my service and not the appliance. Also rating me does not close this question and you can still post here if you need anymore help. Thank you!