Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I do not want cooling fan to come on when oven shut off is…

Customer Question
I do not want...

I do not want cooling fan to come on when oven shut off is it possible

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Df606dg about 2 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/1/2018
Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Not really sure what you mean here.

Is the cooling fan running all the time even when its not in use?

Or do you mean it continues to run after its been used then stops some time after?

Dont want it to run
Want the heat to stay in when shut off

Im afraid you cannot alter this as thats how they work.

The idea is the cooling fan keeps running to cool the controls down otherwise the over heat thermostat will cut out and you will loose the power to the cooker.

So im afraid you can alter this as thats how it works and it has to do this otherwise you will end up have problems with the cooker.