Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I've got a Whirlpool (Roper) washer Model # RTW4516FW1

Customer Question
I've got a Whirlpool...

I've got a Whirlpool (Roper) washer Model # RTW4516FW1 Worked fine yesterday now when I go to do a load the light rest on sense fill and no water comes in

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Less than a year

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It still agitates if I want to run it on drain but no water fills it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/1/2018
Appliance Technician: AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 months ago
AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. Thank you for allowing us to help you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your question so that I may help you.

Have you made sure that water is getting to the unit and not frozen?

Its barely coming out so Im gonna guess that might be it

Yes, most likely it is. Also make sure the screens inside the hoses are clean of debris. If the water is not frozen then the water inlet valve will need to be replaced.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 5 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated. Please rate my service and not the appliance. Also rating me does not close this question and you can still post here if you need anymore help. Thank you!

if I turn the hot and cold water on and nothing comes out odds are its froze up? I don't know how its just that then and nothing else in the house

You can remove the hoses from the back of the washer and place in a bucket then turn the water on to see if you have water and good pressure. If you do then the water inlet valve needs to be replaced.

I've got no water coming out of the hoses

Then sounds like the water is frozen.

If I have answered your question and you are satisfied, please use the stars at the top of your page to go ahead and rate me.